Let me start at the beginning. Tuesday night Claire went to bed around 8:30, I went to check on her and she was obviously running a fever, which was 102.8. I gave her tynelol and check on her several times throughout the night, fever goes down only to come back up. Wednesday morning fever is still acting like a roller coaster going up as high as 103.7 but we were always able to get it down, then the wheezing started. She saw her doctor around 2:00 that afternoon, received a breathing treatment at the office, which worked great and was given several different meds including an inhaler; being diagnosed with bronchitis. Nick and I both needed to work on Thursday so NeNe (Anna) came to keep Miss Claire on Thursday. Well as Wednesday went on the wheezing got worse so we set in the steaming bathroom, in hopes of helping her to breath easier, the inhaler was not helping. The fever kept rising and got up to 103.8...after taking two cold baths, more medicine, cool wash clothes, eating popsicles, drinking ice cold water, and even sitting in the baby pool outside (trying to make sitting in cold water fun) her fever went back down!!
Fever finally went away midday Thursday and we have not done a breathing treatment since yesterday. Claire slept great last night and is wanting to play more today! Thank you Lord!
I am so thankful to have my healthy little girl back and I can't explain what a new found respect and compassion I have for the parents and grandparents of sick/special needs babies. Going through all those tests, sticks and pricks, and all along the baby not bring able to tell you what is wrong or where it hurts. My BIG prayer is that all the children's hospitals in the world will have to close there doors because there are no patients!!!! God tells us to pray BIG and that is my new BIG prayer....and of course all the workers will find jobs very easily because the Lord will provide:)

2 comments:
Glad to know that everything is back to normal! It broke my heart everything that you guys were having to go through, but I'm glad that Claire's better! Can't wait to see yall again! Love you!
nice kitty but I would rather see yours so get nkd and show it to me
Post a Comment