Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh! Happy Day!

It just makes me want to sing! Yesterday was such a heart warming moment for our family. The three of us walked to the front of the church and joined our congregation! We joined our first church as a family...what a wonderful feeling!!! I am so excited about all our church has to offer and can't wait to watch Claire sing in the children's choir, play the hand bells, or who knows this may be the place she walks down the aisle!...I know I am getting way ahead of myself. I have so many wonderful childhood memories of my family going to and being involved in church and I am thrilled about making those memories for Claire. My heart is full!!!

Yesterday was also communion at our church, anyone is welcome to take communion at our church. We went and got Claire from the nursery so she would be with us to join the church and of course we carried her up to the altar for communion. I let her take a drink from my little cup...it was tooo cute. She got her own "cookie", ate it and of course wanted another "cookie". So let this be noted as Claire's first communion! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

The Cowart Family said...

So sweet; I am so happy for yall. I'll never forget when we joined our church together. It's such a powerful, emotional experience. CONGRATS!