Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White Picket Fence

In bringing a face lift to the Wade House, I came across this new background and knew it was perfect. The White Picket Fence and all. Take your mind back to when you were 6 years old, with Barbie in one hand and Ken in the other, they got married, and went to live happily ever after in their new home fully equipped with that White Picket Fence. From "Leave it to Beaver" to "Desperate Housewives" imagines of that "perfect" family living in the house with that White Picket Fence occupy our minds. From the street all these fences look so perfect. Envy to have a house like that with a fence like that can take over our minds of how life is suppose to be. But the closer you get to the perfect house, with the perfect fence, and the perfect yard, you can see that the White Picket Fence has broken boards, nail holes, and peeling paint...our lives are simply that, a weathered White Picket Fence. We all have our cracks, crooked, bent nails, and could really use a second coat of paint and maybe even some rain guard. All the fences are put together differently and all have different imperfections.


There are so many things going on in our lives right now sometimes I have to remind myself that we are not the only people in this world who are having a hard time, everyone has problems, everyone endures their own kind of suffering at some point in their life, heaven forbid. Everyone has struggles and things their heart desires for that has not come to be.


Our home is not perfect but no one's is and sometimes I think we need to remind ourselves of that. Sometimes I think telling your story and opening your heart can show you a path you may not realize is there. I am not writing for anyone (or talking about anyone) when I say this. I just can't help but step back and look at the women who have written their stories for the world to read. Stories about the White Picket Fence that surrounds their home. The holes that have exposed the raw wood of the board... for the world to read have brought so many mothers, women, men together. Bonds have developed and friendships blossomed because each of these people have common interest....their fences all have similar flaws and imperfections.

Welcome to the Wade House, fully equipped with the White Picket Fence.

"So then let us pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another." Romans 14:19

3 comments:

Shay said...

Hey Ev!! I've been following your blog since it started back up a couple of months ago! I LOVE seeing Claire and what she's up to! I am so glad so many of us are blogging. We get to keep up with each other in these crazy lives we're living! Come by Our Little World anytime...we love visitors. :) And trust me, I stop by here anytime there is a new post!

Julee said...

Great blog post!! Its all so true!

Emily Richardson said...

Great post sis and perfect analogy! Love you! CC's new pic is presh too!