Monday, December 7, 2009

Funny Girl


The last couple weeks Miss Claire aka "Miss Priss" has been showing her true toddler colors! She makes us laugh so much everyday....its good for the soul and so needed. She never ceases to amaze me with something new. Today is Claire's 14 month birthday and I would swear the terrible two's are taking over my sweet baby. Example: Last night she wanted to play with my cell phone; since the last one was a victim of slobber damage I said "No" she preceded to throw a fit because I would not give her my phone....really, there are 500 toys on the floor why do you want something you can't have!! But as for now that funny things out weight the terrible two episodes.
Funny thing: When she is ready to go outside (which she would live outside if she could) she goes and finds my purse, tries to put it on her shoulder and then goes to the back door and bangs on it...yesterday she got her purse and then started pointing at my purse, walking to the door (see picture above) Too cute!
Funny thing: She was pushing her doll around in the doll stroller, threw the doll on the floor and then tried to get in the stroller which is not at all possible....of course she was mad because she could not get in the stroller.
Funny thing: We went to my dad's last weekend and he had several stuffed animals that sing and dance. He taught Claire how to push the buttons...she was a pro by the time we left. Well, now she looks at all her stuffed animals toes and ears, pushing there ears and toes, some sing and dance, some don't.
Funny thing: Ok, This isn't that funny, just something Claire does...she picks up our shoes (the pair, never just one) and carries them around the house and occasionally is caught licking them, gross!...she also puts all kinds of things in our bath tub...always check before you turn on the water.
Cute thing: We have been teaching Claire "Hot" We have an open wood burning fire place and the outside of our oven gets hot (i hate it), and I am burning a lot of Christmas candles...So Claire now says "Hot"...every time she looks at the oven, fireplace, candles and for some reason every time she says "Hot" she raises her hand! ???
My Favorite Funny thing this weekend: My mom sent Claire the Elf on the Shelf book and elf and for those of you not familiar you need to look into it, it is very cute for kids...anyway, the first thing the child is suppose to do is name the Elf...so, I said, "Claire, what do you want to name your elf?" with no hesitation she responded "Bubba"...we just laughed, so yes, our
Elf is named Bubba!

She laughed and laughed...Skeeter was thinking "SERIOUSLY ya'll are letting her do this to me!"

I think she looks like a little model here!

Taking a break from running
Nick told the dogs to sit and Miss Priss walked over next them and sat...it was too funny!!

Running from the dogs is a favorite

"No, Momma I am not cold"

I am outside and I ran wild!!!


Love this sweet baby....or should I say toddler

Such a big girl :(


Notice no ornaments at the bottom of the tree

"Gabell would you like my passy?"


New Toy= Daddy's duck calls


All smiles! I love you Claire!! Happy 14 Months Old!

1 comment:

The Hudspeth's said...

We have the polka dotted dress too!! So cute!