Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2 Months Away from 2

claire claire on hanny manny
full speed ahead with the wind in her hair:)


...or you could say 22 months! That's right, she crossed this mark this past weekend. Which completely blows my mind! I cannot believe I am in the planning stages of Miss Claire's 2nd Birthday Party. I love planning her birthday and looking forward to the fall!.. her birthday month, football season, Halloween, nice weather and all the other holidays that follow shortly thereafter!!! Each month birthday is so bittersweet...now when people ask how old Claire is, I say 22 months, but soon its going to be 2...not 25 months, not 28 months....but 2 years old. It is funny to me that when you are pregnant your time is weekly...12 weeks pregnant, 20 weeks pregnant, 40 weeks pregnant...then out comes baby that soon becomes...3 months old, 6 months old, 18 months old...so I guess we are about to enter the next stage...years! Oh my!!! But for right now, I will focus on the now and savor my little girl being 22 months old!

Which means Miss Claire is:
-Refers to herself as "claire claire"
-Beginning to talk in sentences...putting 5 & 6 words together
-Wears a size 6 shoe
-Goes Potty in the potty every morning
-Wears a size 4 diaper and is working on potty training (have not pushed the issue yet)
-Weighs 26 pounds, 33 inches tall
-Wears 18 months, 24 months, and some 2T clothes
-Loves, Loves books
-Wants to"read" her Bible every night
-Says her prays
-Brushes her teeth
-Loves swimming and swims by herself with her floaties on

-Has an excellent memory; she remembers names, places, etc.
-Runs, skips, sings, and rides "Hanny Manny" everywhere (I know its really Handy Manny)
-Her favorite movies right now are "Hanny Manny" "Ariel" "Toy Story"
-Goes to time out when she is not nice - when time out is over I always say "let's talk" about what she did, well now I put her and time out and she sits there for a couple seconds and then says "Momma, let talk"...time out always ends with "Sorry, wuv you" and a hug and kiss from Claire...it's hard to keep a straight face sometimes
-Favorite Foods: Ice Cream, Pizza, "Moo Cow"-hamburger, cheese, mac mac cheese, apple juice, sprite, water, milk, green peas, strawberries, bacon, french toast, popcorn.
-loves Dora and Mickey Mouse
-loves going to the deer camp...every time we pass a thicket of trees she says "deer camp"
-still addicted to her "pap pap's" - pacifiers
-loves school and church
-just a few of my favorite things!!!

No comments: