Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent

Ash Wednesday has come and Lent has begun! My grandparents are faithful believes in lent and have for every year that I can remember given up their evening adult beverages during this time. Being they are part of the generation that the man arrived home from work at 5:00 on the dot and the "June Cleaver" would have already dropped a couple of ice cubes in the clear drink and added a couple of olives on the little plastic sword just as the front door opened....Awww! the stresses of the day disappeared for a brief second. Olives...don't you have things that trigger memories??...I will forever associate olives with my grandfather, he always let me have one of the olives off of his sword. I am sure you know my grandfather's drink of choice. And when you reintroduce the olives on the sword on Easter Sunday, let's just say we have had some good laughs! (please don't get me wrong I would never classify my grandparents as heavy drinkers) So, back to Lent...this year I have given up the social networking of Facebook, not that I am on it all the time but I just don't even want to be tempted to go sit on the computer when I could be doing things around the house or spending time with the family!! Have a wonderful LENT!!!

No comments: