Friday, February 12, 2010

Believing God....

A little background about me and my relationship with God. I seem to think this is my draft testimony...a testimony is progress. I was baptized as an infant, grew up in church, and have prayed throughout my entire life. I would attend church throughout college because I knew I needed to attend church. One day I picked up the book, A Purpose Driven Life, this book truly changed my view of the world....I would say this is the first part of my transformation. I truly do call this a testimony is progress because it doesn't have an ending yet...I truly am learning who I am as my relationship with the Lord grows. Having a new mind set after reading that book, things on the inside were a little different but I was still not satisfied. Years went by...which I never really did anything about not being fully satisfied. When I was pregnant with Claire I never felt closer to God then I did for those 9 months....I can not comprehend how someone can carry a child in their womb, give birth, and still deny the Lord exist. It's just not possible! Reading all those pregnancy books about what is happening to your baby at that exact time is mind blowing and only possible with our High Lord.

My story continues...skipping ahead and a few of the details...our family is in church...Sunday school and church...which we love and have not missed a Sunday since we made this commitment. I would say I am addicted to church right now!!! All the way from our study of Exodus in Sunday school to my bible study! I have always heard wonderful things about Beth Moore but have never participated in any of her bible studies. The first Sunday we went to our church I noticed in the bulletin a Beth Moore bible study was going to start the next week....sign me up!!! The study is "Believing God" and it has opened my eyes even more...one of the most profound things I have discovered through this study is....(you might all think I am nuts for not knowing this before)...the bible is not written in the past, it is not just the history of God's word and Jesus' life, but God actually talks to us in the present tense, His word is for today just as much as it was for the last 500+ years! and this study helps you understand why you should believe His word. Hence the name of the study...Believing God...we are believing His word right now in the present day...His words are written in the present active tense, not the past tense. If you ever have the opportunity to do this study, jump on board.....

Earlier this week I was reading "Kelly's Korner" and watched a video called "Cardboard Testimony"...no words were even spoken and I just sobbed. If you have not watched this video it is so worth linking over and viewing....just scroll down to a her older post and you will see it.

My transformation is in process, I am thinking about what my cardboard would say...I think I know the front side and I am anxiously awaiting what the marker will transcribe on the back side.

What's your cardboard testimony?.....it's ok if your still work in progress,
so am I...but it's a good place to be!!!
"Now may the God of all Hope fill you with all Joy and Peace in BELIEVING..." Romans 15:13

3 comments:

The Heinze's said...

hello...say told me that moved here...where do you live? We are over by walmart...we need to meet up....i have heard wonderful things about you...say thinks very highly of you....your daughter is beautiful. look forward to hearing from you

said...

I am so excited about what God is doing in your life and love reading your blogs. I guess you know that Beth Moore grew up in Arkadelphia and often tells stories from her days here.

Emily Richardson said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I am so excited that you have devoted time to this study and are really enjoying it. You will be blessed beyond belief by God through Beth! She is one wise lady! I love you tons and have been praying for you for 13 years:) (when I started praying:)! God is so faithful to answer all of our prayers- "be confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ." - Philipians 1:6