Last weekend was one of those bittersweet moments in our lives. Claire took her first airplane ride to Las Vegas to meet her great-grandmother Ma and great-aunt Lana for the very first time. My Ma Miles has been living with my Aunt Lana for several years now and suffers from altimizer's(sp?). If you know Ma, you know she has always been a very beautiful, very put together lady....so with a knot in my throat, I guess I can say when I think of my grandmother the lady in the pictures below is not what I see in my mind. Although I will forever cherish Claire seeing and her and calling out "Ma" I know that Claire will never know "My Ma"...the lady that kept me while I had chicken pox, that took me and my sisters to McDonald's every time we wanted to go, that took us to the park all the time to feed the geese, the lady that sat next to me in church every Sunday while we lived in Newport....I can't imagine how her heart broke when her "girls" left Newport. I don't want to talk about her like she is gone...but in a way she is. I could go on and on about my grandmother and the life she lived....but I will save that for another day. I more want to rejoice in the time we had with her and my aunt this past weekend. I will say I tried not to be emotional while we were visiting but as I was saying good-bye, all my times with my Ma ran through my mind....she is so feeble and fail, and caring for her is not much different than caring for My Claire...the cycle of life. It's one of things that you don't want to say out aloud but as the memories raced through my mind I feel that was the last time I will see her, the last time I will hear her say "I love you" and the first and last time I will hear her call my daughter "precious". I love you my dear Ma and thank you for making my childhood the greatest any little girl could ask for. Godspeed Ma!!!
Arriving at the airport in freezing temperatures!

Airplane fun, Claire did great on the plane!
Reading her book
Cheese:)
Arriving at the airport in freezing temperatures!
Airplane fun, Claire did great on the plane!
Reading her book
Cheese:)(Never fly with a baby without help!)
Taking in the Vegas Strip


Claire LOVED this Horsey!
ROAR!!! Claire loved the tiger.
Rainforest Cafe....Miss Priss wanted her nap, just as we arrived to the kid friendly restaurant.
She almost blends in with the booth:)
Check out those bar stools....Iggy and Claire!
She could have looked at the MGM Lions all day:) ROAR! ROAR!
More Lions...
She wanted to run the Vegas strip....
Dad and his girls
Aunt Lana, Dad, Ma, and Claire
My Ma
Dinner shot
Then, heading to breakfast...
Aunt Lana's School has a farm and Claire had the time of her life
Aunt Lana and Claire feeding the goats
Farm Fun




No comments:
Post a Comment