Last night was one of those nights where I felt like my "baby" was slipping out of my hands. I have packed up her things several times with bins in the attic...newborn, 3 months, 6 months but for some reason last night, 9 months (summer time) was harder. Packing away all the cute summer dresses that she did not wear near enough...just praying that I have a picture of her in all my favorites, even some that I love being packed away with the tags still attached...packing away her first pair of jelly shoes, her monogrammed bloomers that she has out grown and the swimming suits from her first summer. It all just seemed to bring a tear to my eye. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the stage Claire is in...she is so much fun! ......But for a mother to let go and pack away her "firsts" "firsts" brings a knot to her throat and a tear in her eye.
Talking more and more each day and is really starting to communicate. Claire says her name a hundred times a day. LOVE it!!! Clar, Clar, Clar.....She will be 15 months old this week and is beginning to out grow her 12 month clothes, wearing a size 4 shoe and I think she is getting pretty tall...I measure this by our kitchen table, at 12 months she could walk under it but now she is a inch or 2 taller than it. Miss Claire is still wearing size 3 diapers but on the verge on moving into size 4...and still does not care to have her diaper changed. She runs everywhere, has as many cabinets that are hers in the kitchen that I do, still LOVES her passy's...she has even started saying passy. Claire is a very busy little girl, never sitting still. One of her favorite things is the go into her room empty out the bin full of bibs, then put all the bibs back in the bin one at time and then start the process over again. If you are trying to pack a bag, she is right there to unpack it for you. She is a big helper. She loves to put clothes in the washing machine...one at a time, which turns into to exercise for me, picking her up and down. Claire is learning new animal sounds...what does a rooster do? cock do cock....what does a lion say? ROAR....and my new favorite, what does a snake do? she sticks her tongue in and out really fast.
I am a strong believe it is never too young to teach manners...ever since Claire was born I have said "Yes, mam", "please", "thank you"...Claire will bring you something and say thank you...or you can give her something and she says thank you...and she is beginning to say please...or peas.
She is starting to try and help hook her car seat...which I really don't want her to figure that one out. She is precious and such a joy but it does not go without a couple "timeouts" every now and then...I know that 3 minutes is super hard on her!
One more thing....no more bottles, Claire's New Year's Resolution!....I haven't decided what mine is going to be....I am trying to put some thought into this year...but I know that I need 2010 to be better than 2009 for several reasons and one way to make that happen is to get up every morning with a positive attitude, say a little prayer, and know that God is in complete control!!!!
Disney with the Dance team!
1 year ago

1 comment:
I know what you mean about packing stuff away. The first time I packed his 0-3 month clothes, I cried like a baby. So every time I pack clothes away I do it VERY quickly and try to stay distracted with talking to Kohen or just putting the sadness out of my mind. I would love to reminis (sp?) with each outfit I pack, but it's just too hard and emotional... I too love the stage my baby is in right now. But it's so sad to think they will never be little again!!! :)
Post a Comment