Monday, October 26, 2009

Check-up, Whole Milk, and Camels

First Camel Ride=Happy Girl



These boots are made for walking!!

Reading her book while riding in her birthday wagon...her favorite thing to do!

Cracker?

What's new at One Year?
Let's see what has Miss Claire been up too? Had her one year check up; weighs 20 pounds 5 ounces and is 29 inches tall. She is now riding forward in her car seat...which I told her if she loses any weight she will have to ride backwards again. Although Claire likes riding forward and I like seeing her cute little face better, it has created a little whining out of my good car rider. She can now see everything that sits on the console...and points and whines until I give her what she wants...or heaven forbid I eat a snack or take a drink in the car now because guess who thinks she needs whatever I have? Claire also got her one year shots...all six of them. I about died and she was not happy either. After a couple days of being a little fussy she was back to her old self.
Talking, talking talking....we hear new words everyday...she has several down with no wondering of what she said....momma, dada, nana, pepaw (or in her language ta-tall), tractor, cracker, night night, (ni-ni) outside (which is simply "side"), thank you...and several others that I can't quite make out.
DHA Issue???
Claire has transitioned completely to whole milk and solid foods. (I am very blessed to have and can't believe I have breastfed her for one year. Lord knows, I wanted quit a thousand times. This experience was the hardest, most selfless, most rewarding thing I have ever done or probably ever will do in my entire life!!!) I am having a few issues with the whole milk though...I don't think her little belly likes the DHA. Call me crazy but when I started her on whole milk she started with organic with DHA...the throwing up began (not all the time but just every now and then)....then WalMart was out of the milk with DHA, so I settled for the plain organic milk...throwing up stopped......WM got the DHA milk back in, so I switched back...throwing up started up again. My Claire had a whirlwind of a time with throwing up/ spitting up until she was about 8 months old. With DHA naturally part of breast milk, I am starting to think she and DHA don't mix. I am not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to science/health/medicine but I can't help to notice this common link.

Camel ride
A traveling zoo, as I call it, came to town...literally set up cages of animals on a parking lot. One of those was a camel, so of course we had to have our first camel riding experience. Claire laughed and smiled the entire time. Who would have thought walking around in 3 big circles could be so entertaining???

No comments: